The Board met for the first time for the new Club year on Monday 17 August.
Outcomes of the meeting were as follows:
- Board Meetings will be held on the second Monday of each month.
- There will be no meeting on the first Monday of each month.
- Outdoor/different venue meetings are proposed for the fourth Monday of each month.
- All members are asked to think about a 5-10 min talk that they could give on themselves. We will ‘spring’ this on you without much notice!!
- The District Governor, Jerry Pilcher will be in Kununurra on Monday 21 September. Details of this meeting will be advised closer to the time. It was agreed that a contribution of $2000 be presented by the Club for Rotary Foundation.
- Tenders for the Quiet Room at the Hospital have come in way over budgeted amounts. Jim is writing to the Hospital to request affirmative action by no later than 30 October as, at that time, the Club will consider withdrawing the funds proposed for the project and look to another project within the town instead.
- All members are asked to consider 2-3 fundraising activities that could nett us a great return without excessive work. It is becoming more and more difficult to fill rosters for burger cooking.
- We will be encouraging everyone to wear their favourite/best hat for Mental Health on Monday 12 October. Get out your glue guns!
- Welcome to Rotary Youth Exchange student Lea Roos from Switzerland. Lea, after spending a couple of weeks with the Hawes-Wright family, is now with her first host family – the Dessert-McGee’s (thank you to Libuse, Sean and family).
- A request came to the Club from Maddie Cottle, student at Kununurra District High School regarding funding assistance for a team to attend Tournament of Minds in Darwin. The Board agreed to provide $100 per student ($700).
Cheers – Narelle
The Rotary Club of Kununurra aims to send out newsletters to members each month, you can keep up with what's happening right here.